The Marquesas Islands are a group of eight tiny islands in the Pacific Ocean. The main island, Nuku Hiva, is the southernmost and largest of the group. It’s also home to one of the most famous tourist attractions in all of Hawaii – the Hilo Hattie Industrial Complex.
The rest of the islands are small and remote, but they provide an unrivaled opportunity for travelers who want to experience true paradise without having to leave civilization behind. And if you’re looking for a place where you can relax and get away from it all, then these islands should be at the top of your list!
The Tuamotus islands are a group of small islands located in the Pacific Ocean. The archipelago is made up of nine volcanic peaks and it has an impressive coral reef system.
The tiny but stunning Tuamotus Islands are a Unesco World Heritage Site, and they offer some of the best diving in all of French Polynesia. They’re also home to some extraordinary wildlife – including endemic sea turtles, sharks, dolphins, and seabirds – that you won’t find anywhere else on Earth.
If you’re looking for a unique travel experience that will take your breath away, then consider visiting the Tuamotus islands.
Key features of these islands
Key features of Tuamotus islands:-
- The Tuamotus Islands are an archipelago in French Polynesia, consisting of nine small atolls spread over 1,500 kilometers (930 miles) in the northeastern Pacific Ocean.
- The climate on the Tuamotus Islands is moderate to tropical with warm weather year-round. The average high temperature during the day reaches 27 degrees Celsius (81 degrees Fahrenheit), while the average low temperature falls below 18 degrees Celsius (64 degrees Fahrenheit).
- There are plenty of activities available on the islands, such as hiking, swimming, snorkeling, diving, and cycling tours… you name it! There’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- The food on offer is also top-notch – from fresh seafood dishes to international cuisine prepared by local chefs. You won’t be disappointed no matter what you choose.
Key features of Marquesas islands:-
- pristine and uninhabited jungles
- crystal clear water with turquoise reefs offshore
- diverse wildlife including coconut squirrels, tree kangaroos, and Hawaiian black rats
- abundant bird life including frigatebirds, boobies, and seabirds
Benefits to visit these islands
- The natural beauty of the islands is breathtaking. From misty volcanoes to sparkling coral reefs, there’s no shortage of eye-catching scenery on offer.
- Unlike many popular tourist destinations, the Tuamotus are completely undeveloped and unspoiled – making them a true paradise for environmentalists and nature lovers alike.
- The friendly locals are more than happy to share their knowledge and culture with visitors – helping you explore Marquesas Island in particular in ways that even travel guides can’t beat!
- There’s plenty to do on each island aside from simply relaxing by the pool or taking in stunning views – from snorkeling through crystal clear waters to hiking around iconic cliffsides, there’s something for everyone on these idyllic shores.
The islands of Marquesas and Tuamotus are considered part of Polynesia. These are the best places to spend your vacation.